Candidates to master degrees have to be in one of the following academic situations:
- Hold a bachelor degree or a legal equivalent;
- Hold an academic degree from a foreign higher education institution, conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process;
- Hold a foreign higher academic degree who is recognised as meeting the objectives of a bachelor degree by the statutory scientific body (cf. General Regulation of the Educational Offer of Universidade Aberta).
Applications are submitted online at UAb Portal.
Candidates are required to fill out a form and send the following documents in digital format:
- Identification Document (Citizen Card or Passport) – a digitalized copy, with the proper consent of the holder, for the validation of data in the application system;
- Certificate of Qualifications;
- Curriculum Vitae (preferably in Europass format), with clear indication of educational qualifications, including designation of the bachelor degree or equivalent, of the educational institution and its final classification;
- Letter addressed to the Coordination of the chosen degree, exposing the reasons for the application, the objectives to be achieved and the competencies to be developed; candidates holding a foreign degree should also apply for the recognition of their degree in order to continue their studies at master level (this recognition only has effect to access the master’s degree they are applying to);
- Other supporting documents candidates consider pertinent for valuing their application (description of functions, tasks and their duration, statements proving professional experience and other evidences, training certificates, project reports, portfolios and other documents deemed relevant).
If the size of the files exceeds 2Mb, please send the documents to email@example.com, with the name and number of candidate and/or number of the identification document. Any missing document will be considered an exclusion factor.
Candidates that are or have ever been a student of Universidade Aberta, please provide the respective student number when applying.
Payments are due through a Multibanco reference generated after formalizing the application. Keep the receipts as proof of payment.
For candidates residing abroad, payments can be done via bank transfer:
IBAN – PT50078101120112001298585
SWIFT – IGCPPTPL
The list of admitted and excluded candidates is published at http://www.uab.pt
Would you have further questions/doubts please use this Form.