The Almeida Garrett Mobility Program is meant to encourage national cooperation between the High Learning Institutions members of the Portuguese Universities Council of Rectors (CRUP), offering students the possibility of completing a period of studies at a national host university, with full academic recognition.
Students enrolled in one of the following higher educations institutions:
- ISCTE-Instituto Universitário de Lisboa
- Universidade Aberta
- Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Universidade da Beira Interior
- Universidade da Madeira
- Universidade de Aveiro
- Universidade de Coimbra
- Universidade de Évora
- Universidade de Lisboa
- Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
- Universidade do Algarve
- Universidade do Minho
- Universidade do Porto
- Universidade dos Açores
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa
The period of studies at a partner university is of one semester, according to the following conditions:
- 1st cycle degrees – from 2nd year onwards and as long as the student has already completed 60 ECTS;
- 2nd cycle degrees – from the first semester of the 1st year
The tuition referring to the mobility period is due at the institution of origin.
There are no scholarships associated with this program, and as such, the inherent costs regarding accommodation and living costs are supported by the student alone.
For any academic year, the applications from Universidade Aberta’s students should occur preferentially at the following periods:
- 1st semester – between the 1st and 30th of April
- 2nd semester – until the 31st of October
For students interested in attending Universidade Aberta, the periods for application are preferentially:
- 1st semester – between March and June of the previous academic year
- 2nd semester – between September and October of the current academic year
Students of Universidade Aberta:
2.º fill out the Study Contract in collaboration with the hosting institution.
Students interested in attending Universidade Aberta:
Follow the guidelines from their home institutions.
Communication and International Relations Office | email@example.com