Readmission can only be requested by students who have been enrolled at Universidade Aberta and for the same degree they have attended to.
The change of Institution and/or Degree is intended for students who are in one of the following situations:
- have been enrolled in another national higher education institution/degree and have not completed it;
- have been enrolled in Universidade Aberta, in another degree and have not completed it;
- have been enrolled in a foreign higher education institution, in an ongoing degree defined as higher by the legislation of the country concerned, and have not completed it.
The change of Institution/Degree in the academic year in which the student has been placed through another access regime and has enrolled is not allowed.
The changes of Institution/Degree and Readmissions consist on the submission of an application process, for the current academic year, in two different periods: Fall and Spring terms according to the academic calendar.
Applications are submitted online on the deadlines established on the academic calendar.
The following documents are required to be sent digitally:
- Identification Document (Citizen Card or Passport); copy of the front and back, with the person’s full consent for validation of data on the application system;
- Additional documentation the candidate may find relevant;
- Certificate or declaration proving registration issued by the higher education institution in which you were enrolled with the name of the degree you attended.
If the size of the files exceeds 2Mb, please send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name and number of candidate and/or number of the identification document. Any missing document will be considered an exclusion factor.
Candidates from foreign higher education institutions must submit the documents indicated in paragraph 1, recognised by the local Portuguese consular agent or legalised by the apostilha system, pursuant to the Convention on the Suppression of the Requirement for the Legalisation of Foreign Public Acts (better known as the Hague Convention).
If they are not written in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English, it is necessary to translate it to Portuguese by a translator recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic representation.
Candidates must also prove that the course and educational institution attended to are defined as superior by the legislation of the country concerned. To this end, they may apply for a statement of level of studies from the Portuguese General Directorate of Higher Education (DGES): Declaração NARIC (Choose the option “Declaration of level of degree and/or institution of foreign higher education”).
Former Universidade Aberta students must have their financial account regularized and only need to submit the following documents online:
- Identification Document (Citizen Card or Passport);
- Proof of the payment, according to the price in force.
Payments are due through a Multibanco reference generated after formalizing the application. Keep the receipts as proof of payment.
For candidates residing abroad, payments can be done via bank transfer:
IBAN – PT50078101120112001298585
SWIFT – IGCPPTPL
Before the beggining of each academic year, students must attend an Online Ambientation Module, that is free and meant to better integrate the students into the virtual pedagogical model of Universidade Aberta.
The list of admitted and excluded candidates is published at http://www.uab.pt
Would you have questions/doubts please use this Form.